Could you describe shortly the program Le Bridge ?
Le Bridge is a program sponsored by The SchooLab and Ecole Polytechnique. The students come mainly from this top-school, and few others from ESSEC Business School, Centrale Paris and École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture in Lyon.
This program provides students with an intensive, immersive and hands-on approach to the study of innovation, entrepreneurship and startups.
What kind of classes do you attend at UC Berkeley ?
The program involves in-class instruction from top UC Berkeley innovation and entrepreneurship faculty (lean startup, design thinking, open innovation, fund raising, team management, pitching, story telling…), frequent guest speakers that include investors, entrepreneurs and key advisors, visits to companies across in the Silicon Valley ecosystem, and regular hands-on workshops where students and teams actively evolve their concepts and ventures.
Could you tell us a bit more about the projects of companies students are working on at Le Bridge program ?
6 projects are backed by the program.
- A L’ANCIENNE – Delivers fresh produce directly from the farmers to your door, via a community of farmers and a network of free-lance drivers
- DREEM – Neurotechnology startup building a wearable device to improve the quality of sleep, and therefore cognitive performances and health
- HOLD IT – Connected cigarette pack that leads you every day on your path to quit smoking
- OCCI – Transposes Web cookies into the physical world: by analyzing the path of shopping carts into an hypermarket, retailers will be able to send targeted contents/ads at the right time
- OH MY CAUSE! – Social media platform to help people to find and support charities or causes that really fit to their skills, interests and availability
- OUISKIN – Skincare product recommendation tool, to help you finding a skincare product you love and that is really efficient for you
- Some students are also working on their own project apart from the program, such as LISTEMIZE – a social media to find the perfect gift for your loved ones.
In your opinion, what is the most interesting part of this program?
The program is really well organized, the professors are fully involved and the topics covered are key. But to me, it is always eye-opening to hear from experienced guests speakers, such as David RIEMER, David SCHULTZ, or Chris McCANN.