We’re proud to announce that Funky Bots, an ALCATEL Innovation Accelerator laureate, has hit several home runs since September.
Rosa Mei, founder of Funky Bots, sums up these intense 6 months:
“In fact, nothing was as expected (or according to plan), and everything turned out so smashingly well. This is great especially considering that before I worked with you in July last year, I didn’t even really know what a pitch deck was, and I didn’t know what B2B or B2C was before September. Today I’m partnering with the biggest silicon vendor, distributing my Apps in the US, developing my own technology and receiving my first investment !”
So far, this amazing startup achieved to get:
– into two corporate accelerators in September: Technogym and ALCATEL
– a distribution Agreement with ALCATEL for their MonstaDance app
– and then, thanks to these initial industrial supports, they managed to sign a partnership with Intel for the development of motion tracking wearables based on the new Curie chip
– and a 6 digits investment commitment from a venture fund !
To assess Funky Bots’ stunning progress, let’s go back to when it all began. In September 2015, Funky Bots just passed the 3 months selection process and is admitted in our accelerator. The Jury selected Funky Bots based on its potential:
– Creative team of professional dancers,
– Each app got promoted on the App Store, whether as Best New App or as the #1 Best New Kids App
– Huge motivation and dynamism from the founder Rosa
From this point on, Funky Bots and ALCATEL teams have been working closely together on several aspects:
– Technical support: Help of ALCATEL to rework their apps on Android, and debug newest apps
– Business support: help to review pitch deck and a few occasion to run it in public and VCs events
– Business partnership: we secured an initial distribution agreement for embedding their app on a tablet device. When we select a startup, we actually aim at doing business together.
– Visibility: as part of the ALCATEL Accelerator, Funky Bots could attend:
– The Orange Funding Night, with the opportunity to meet VCs
– The CES, where the team had been able to meet with Intel,
– The Maddy Keynote
And the team will be attending 4YFN, the startup event of MWC, with more potential opportunities. Don’t hesitate to visit them @HALL M8, IMB4B, FIRA MONTJUIC (Plaça d’Espanya)
“ So good news all around. Thank you so much for sending me to CES!!! Had I not gone, I would never have found what I needed to make truly amazing products”.
We would like to congratulate again the Funky Bots team for these achievements. The story is not finished yet, and we are eager to follow their whereabouts. You can follow them here.
If this sounds appealing to you and your start-up plans, apply here and join us in our new US season 2!
Article originally published on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Innovation Accelerator Blog
Author: Julia Taconet