ALCATEL ONETOUCH today announced the winners of its North American Innovation Accelerator Challenge. This globally reaching innovation mentorship program was launched in early 2015 in partnership with PRIME and is based in San Francisco where it connects ALCATEL ONETOUCH executives and experts – whose expertise range from product, design, manufacturing and distribution – to developers and mobile tech start-up companies that want to bring new technology to the worldwide marketplace.
Since its launch in January of this year, the Innovation Accelerator program has attracted more than 70 innovative companies, with ALCATEL ONETOUCH announcing today the selection of the five most promising – Yip Yap, Knowroaming, Novasentis, Ultra and Otosense representing a diverse range of technologies. All five will advance in the next phase of the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Innovation Accelerator, including continued work with their ALCATEL ONETOUCH mentors to advance their product and technology offerings.
About Yip Yap, Knowroaming, Novasentis, Ultra and Otosense:
- Yip Yap: As the first Bluetooth connected mobile device for kids, Yip Yap allows parents to tether their device to their child’s phone, using the parent’s device for connectivity, while still giving kids ownership of their own hardware.
- KnowRoaming: Eliminates the need for roaming while traveling abroad by simply placing a physical sticker to an existing SIM card which allows the device to connect to locale networks without expensive roaming.
- Novasentis: Creates the industry’s most advanced thin, light and flexible film-based haptic sensors for wearables such as smartwatches, wrist bands and smart clothing.
- Ultra: Ultra’s clip on wearable, “Violet” is the first wearable device that provides customized user guidance on optimal sun exposure by monitoring your real-time UV exposure, and calculating your daily natural vitamin D production.
- Otosense: Sounds are the first source of information about our environment, traveling long distances through any material, coming from all directions. Sounds keep us safe and connected to the world. Using proprietary next generation artificial intelligence methods and data, OtoSense has built the first software platform able to learn, categorize and name the source of any sound, as we humans do. OtoSense software adds precious ears to machines, meeting needs from Healthcare to Smart Home to Defense.
“Partnering with these five very innovative startups is the next step in our aim of creating valuable partnerships and innovating with developers and start-ups active in creating new hardware, mobile application and connected device solutions through our Innovation Accelerator program,” said John Choi, Director of Product Planning and Innovation Accelerator Mentor. “We continue to be driven as a company by an entrepreneurial spirit”
The ALCATEL ONETOUCH Innovation Accelerator program provides developers and start-ups access to ALCATEL ONETOUCH’s resources, including R&D, testing, engineering, and the opportunity to join ALCATEL ONETOUCH at major events. The winners have a unique go-to-market opportunity with ALCATEL ONETOUCH, backed by TCL Communication, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile device manufacturers.
For more information, please visit www.alcatelonetouchaccelerator.com.
SOURCE ALCATEL ONETOUCH